For many dog owners, training their dog to obey is the least of their worries. After all, most pups are eager to please. However, when a dog isn’t socialized, it can create problems and training challenges for years. Is it time to consider group classes for your dog? Here are some of the top reasons to choose a group class for your dog.
Guaranteed Professional Help
While reading books and researching online can be helpful, having an instructor there to meet your dog and understand your exact issue can help you solve the problem immediately. Even if you don’t have a specific issue yet, maybe one of the other dogs in your class does. Listening to the advice given to other pet parents could help you in the long run.
Dogs learn how to behave around other dogs by discovering their boundaries. Any canine who did not get to socialize much when they were younger may struggle with being around other dogs now. Of course, if your dog is not great with other dogs yet, this may be a class to work toward. We can point you in the right direction if you are concerned about your dog’s behavior around other dogs.
Order of Command
You want your dog to focus on you first and foremost. Other dogs can have their attention second. Learning this in a group class setting allows your dog to practice focusing on you, even when there are many distractions happening all around them.
Group classes for socialization, engagement, developing skills for beginning puppies ($40/person hourly)
- Takes place in a public setting such as a park to gather and teach skills
- Perfect for older dogs or newly adopted dogs to work on basic manners in public
Group classes for leash reactivity skills ($75/person)
- Groups of 2 or 3
- Done in a semi-distraction free area
- This class focuses more on paying attention to the signs that your dog is about to misbehave and use it as a confidence and communication tool set
Please note: This group class requires a 5 private session package before attending group classes.
Group classes for basic collar/leash/harness use ($40/person)
- Puppy boarding and training
- Based on an at home approach
- Includes food/treat services as an add-on as well, along with proper toys
Private lessons ($125/hour)
- In-home training
- We will focus on engagement, engagement, engagement!
Try something new and exciting! Bring your dog to group classes at K9 & You. We help you strengthen the bond with your dog and improve obedience skills. Contact us now to get started.